Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's Time

It's time. The day has almost come. I have done everything they said to do and I feel pretty great. Hurricane Sandy's adding some drama. Hopefully everyone will be safe and life in NYC will be back to normal next weekend. I'm grateful to be healthy and very grateful that my family will be with me. This will be our second family race trip this year. Feels like the whole world is kind of going crazy (hurricane, once-in-a-lifetime NYC marathon, terrifying Presidential election). But we're in the middle of it all instead of just sittin' around letting life live us. I just ran my last lakefront run and felt emotional. That path was my north, south, east and west all year. I blew a kiss to the crashing waves as I turned to go home one last time. I only wanted to run my heart out to get ready for this big day and that's all I'll try to do again one week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment