Monday, October 15, 2012

"I Can Almost See It..."

After postponing a day due to weather that I probably could have handled, I ran my 20. It was 20.6 total and possibly a little more. Nothing really lovely or metaphorical anymore. Just grind out your miles. But I was excited to see if I could do it and I did it. The season's over for everyone else. No more teams or crowds or buzz out there. Just geese. So many geese. I slowed down after half and kept trying to pick it up again. That's going to be really hard in the race after 20, for sure. Duh, I guess. I never got cramps. Just tired legs. My left heel likes this whole project the least. I decided to run with music for half because I was going to be away for so long. It was sort of cute when I started crying to Miley Cyrus The Climb, which is probably the best sappy song for a situation like this. ("I may not know it,/ but these are the moments/ that I'm gonna remember most-/just gotta keep going.") Great. Crying again. Anyway, I'll be in the bathtub. Sorry for neglecting everything and everybody! We're getting close. Ain't about how fast I get there/ Ain't about what's waiting on the other side/ It's the climb. (That little spaz is a genius.)

No comments:

Post a Comment